Laser • Medical Aesthetics • Day Spa
Questions & Answers
Common areas that are treated are the face, underarms, legs, bikini area, back, chest, arms, ears, toes and fingers.
There is some discomfort with laser treatment but not painful. Most clients describe it similar to a rubber band being snapped on the skin. The laser has a chill tip that numbs the skin and protects it from any thermal damage.
Laser hair removal was pioneered after more than 30 years of laser research by physicians. It has been shown through extensive clinical trials, at more than 10 laser U.S and Canadian laser research centres, to provide safe and effective hair removal.
Theoretically, the damage to the hair follicle can be considered permanent hair reduction. Due to the nature of hair and the many factors that influence the growth of hair, results are 80-90% reduction. Most people experience a marked reduction in hair, or the hair the re-grows is finer and lighter in colour.
Yes, nearly always. The laser only works on hair that is actively growing (anagen phase). Resting hair (telegen phase) are not affected by laser. Depending on the body site, various percentages of hair are in the growing phase at one time. Some sites require 4 or 6 treatments and some require more depending on the degree of hair thinning or reduction that you desire.
* Do not wax, tweeze, sugar, thread, tan or have electrolysis 3-4 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
* Do not use skin irritants (retinol A or glycolic) for at least 3 days prior to laser hair removal.
* Do not use photosensitive drugs 7 days prior to treatment.
* If you are on hydroquinone stop it a minimum 2 weeks prior to treatment.
* Must be off Accutane 12 months prior to treatment.
* Shave the area to be treated 1-2 days prior to treatment.
* Do not use lotions, creams, makeup on the area to be treated.
* Treated areas may be tender, slightly red or swollen which only last a few hours. A cold cloth can be applied.
* Do not pick, shave the treated area. It’s best to keep area moist with Vitamin E or Aloe Vera lotion.
* Wash area with cool to warm water and mild soap. Pat dry do not rub.
* Use sunscreen with SPF 30 minimum, daily.